We promise to:
- Always keep your data safe
- Only use data that is needed to improve your experience
- Not send you any spam
- Delete your data as soon as we don’t need it
Who collects your information
For the purpose of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the GDPR) the company responsible for your privacy (the data controller) is Anna Rósa grasalaeknir ehf, a registered company with offices at Langholtsvegur 109, 104 Reykjavik, Iceland. (“Anna Rósa Skincare/ company/ us/ our or we”). When using the website, you will be subject to this Privacy and Cookies Policy and the Terms and Conditions which are applicable each time you provide us with, or it is necessary for us to access any kind of information that allows us to identify you. This includes your name, surname, email address, billing or shipping address, telephone number, type or device or credit/debit card number, etc. (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Data”), whether for purposes of browsing or purchasing our products.
What we collect and how we use your personal information
- We collect: your full name, address, email address, phone numbers, date of birth when you open an account with us via our website. We use it to: verify your identity, to open an account with us, to process and deliver your orders, to update you regarding our services e.g. new terms and conditions, to enable you to store your information for future purchases, to foresee and resolve any problems with products or services supplied to you.
- We collect: your email address when you join our newsletter via our site when purchasing products, sign up for our newsletter otherwise or request any information from us. We use it to: email you any news, information about new products, offers and discounts.
- We collect: your name, email address and any other personal information you submit to us via post, telephone, email, messenger, live chat or social media when you make a query or message us. We use it to: respond to your query or message as necessary.
- We collect: your IP address, technical information about your phone, tablet or computer, browsing history on our website, your basket content when using the website, your prior purchase behavior. We use it to: help us design the website and offers to better suit you including what products and offers may be displayed on the website and displayed whilst communicating with you, to help prevent payment fraud when you purchase, to carry out market research, to improve our website and communication, to enable us to manage stock levels, product demands and future resource requirements.
- We collect: your full name, email address, telephone number, delivery address, billing address, debit/credit card details when you buy our products. We use it to: accept the order, make a payment, to deliver the order to you, to resolve any problems regarding the order, manage refunds/returns, to contact you for feedback regarding your order, to contact you by email with our news, offers, sales and other information you might be interested in (unless you ask us not to).
- We collect: your name, email address, telephone number, date of birth and any other personal information you submit to us via post, email or social media when you enter a competition via our website or social media. We use it to: enter you into the competition, to contact you via email regarding our news, promotions and any other information you may be interested in (unless you ask us not to).
We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of internet browser you are using or the website from which you linked to our website. It is not possible to identify you from this information and it is only used for helping us to provide an effective service on our website.
How and why we share your information
We do not and will never sell your information to any third party, that includes your name, address, email address, phone number or credit/debit card information. Other than the disclosure in the Policy we will not share any personal information without your permission unless we are legally entitled or obliged to do so for e.g. by court order to prevent crime. However we do share your data with categories of companies as a necessary part of being able to provide our services to you. We will only share your data to a third party having ensured that your privacy rights continue to be protected. Some examples of the categories of companies with whom we share your data are:
- Delivery and payment service providers
- IT companies such as website hosts
- Professional service providers such as marketing agencies or advertising partners
- Credit reference companies, law enforcement and fraud prevention
Third parties and social media
We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other third party sites even if you access them by using links from our website and we recommend you check the policy of each website you visit. This includes, but is not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter and Linkedin. If you link to our website via a third party site, we are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party website. We recommend that you check the policy of that third party website. Unless expressly stated, we are not agents in anyway for these third party sites or any third party advertisers on our website.
Communication and marketing
It is important to us to provide you with good service and in order to help us do so we may contact you using one of the contact methods you have provided. We might contact you with information regarding our newsletter, surveys, products and services we think might be of interest to you. If at any time you do not wish to receive an email from us, please click the unsubscribe link included in the footer of the email you received. You can also send an email titled “unsubscribe” to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will not affect you as an active customer, you will continue to receive communication regarding orders and your account.
Your data and how long we keep it
We always aim for keeping our records as accurate as possible. You may review or change any details you have supplied us with by sending us an email to email@example.com. The length of time we keep your personal information depends on a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligation under the law. We will not keep your personal data any longer than needed for the purpose or purposes they were collected, unless there is another legal reason for doing so. We will take reasonable steps to erase all data which is no longer required, from our systems. We will keep your personal information as long as your account is active and for 7 years after our contract with you has been terminated.
What are your rights
You have the right to know how your personal information is being used and the right to access the personal information we keep on record about you. We will respect the confidentiality of all your personal information and guarantee that you can exercise your rights. You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting the data controller via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint or any questions, please contact us and we will help you.
The internet is not a secure environment. We have implemented technology to help safeguard your privacy from unauthorised access and improper use and we will continue to update these measures.
We may store some information, commonly known as a “cookie”, on your computer when you look at our website. Cookies are small text files that are sent by our webserver to your computer, with principal objective if improving your experience. Sending cookies is common practise for any website that needs to remember user preferences. Using cookies helps us to understand how our website is used and it also helps your use of the site.
“Session” cookies we use
The session cookies we use on our website will remember your login details, what is in your shopping cart, how far you are through your order, allow you to navigate our website, add reviews and make sure the website looks consistent. They will also allow you to share on social media like Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
“Persistent” cookies we use
The persistent cookies we use on our website are for website analytics and performance. The site’s analytic cookies (via Google Analytics) allows us to measure how you use our site so we can improve both its functionality and your shopping experience. These cookies will not collect any information that can identify you, all information collected is anonymous.
Targeting and advertising cookies
We use these cookies to deliver ads relevant to you. They can also limit the number of times you see an ad and help us analyse the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. This 30-day cookie used in adverts is anonymous and does not contain any of your personal details.
Accepting our cookies is a condition for using our site, if you don’t accept them we cannot guarantee that our site will work correctly. You can erase or block some cookies from your computer if you wish but certain services on our website may not work at all or work incorrectly if you do so. Your help screen or browsers manual can tell you how to disable cookies.